Dantonio Art Center, Inc. & Marietta Dantonio-Fryer License Agreement For Use Of Copyrighted Artwork
The licensing agreement shown below is for reference purposes only. It is posted here only for reference and does not constitute a valid agreement. A valid agreement will only be deemed in effect when it originates in printed form from Dantonio Art Center, Inc. and is signed and dated by both parties.
All requests for permission and licensing for reproduction of the copyright protected artwork of Marietta Dantonio-Fryer must be sent to Licensing Requests. No permission is granted unless and until the licensing agreement is signed into effect.
This agreement is made and becomes effective, by and between the below named person(s) and/or company on the date stated below.Whereas, the licensor is the copyright holder and owner of all proprietary interest in the artwork that is the subject of this agreement;
And whereas, licensor agrees to permit the below stated person(s) and/or company, per the terms of this agreement, a license to use the copyrighted artwork that is and shall remain, the sole property of Marietta Dantonio-Fryer;
Now therefore, in consideration of the mutual promises, covenants, warranties and other good and valuable consideration set forth herein, the Parties agree as follows:
1. "Artwork" or "Art" shall mean the original and/or copyrighted work of Marietta Dantonio-Fryer in hard copy or digital format and any copies thereof in any form.
2. Licensee is any individual, business entity or organization to which a license for limited use and/or reproduction rights are granted.
Issuance of license to reproduce copyrighted artwork and/or images
- Licensor hereby grants to the licensee permission to reproduce the copyrighted artwork of Marietta Dantonio-Fryer provided all of the terms and conditions of this agreement are held in strict compliance.
- Permission to reproduce is granted for reproduction on the following promotional mediums: posters, window cards and banners, flyers, postcards, brochures, newsletters, playbills, websites, print media, online venues, email and other such printed, digital and internet based mediums as determined to be in the service of the promotion of productions and to conform to the limited promotional intent of the Licensor.
- For reproduction of images on the internet, images will be no greater than 72 dpi. For reproduction of images in print media, images will be no more than 300 dpi. Dantonio Art Center, Inc. will provide all high and low resolution images as needed.
- No image, under any circumstance may be altered or modified except for dimensional size for any reason. No image, either printed or in digital format may be sold, offered for sale or given away for any reason.
Credit for the use of copyrighted materials
- Marietta Dantonio-Fryer and Dantonio Art Center, Inc. are entitled to and shall receive credit in no smaller than 8 point type in any and all materials, print or digital, in which full production and ownership rights and credits are given. Advertisements shall be exempt from this requirement. Said credit shall read substantially as: Original artwork by Marietta Dantonio-Fryer or Images Courtesy of Dantonio Art Center, Inc. as deemed appropriate by the licensee.
- Licensee shall use reasonable efforts to ensure compliance with the crediting provision described above. However, failure to properly credit Marietta Dantonio-Fryer or Dantonio Art Center, Inc. shall not be considered a material breach of this aggreement provided licensor did not willfully attempt to avoid giving proper credit for personal gain.
Term and Termination
- This aggreement shall begin and be in full effect on the date completed below by both parties and shall remain in full force and effect for the life of the copyright in the artwork, unless terminated by any provision of this agreement.
- Both licensor and licensee shall be entitled to terminate this agreement for any reason with 30 days prior written notice that states the intent to terminate and the date of the termination.
- Should this agreement be terminated for ANY reason, licensor shall immediately, on the date of effect of the termination, cease the use of any and all materials covered under this agreement.
- Upon the effective date of the termination of this agreement, all rights and interests in the artwork granted herein to the licensee shall revert to Marietta Dantonio-Fryer and Dantonio Art Center, Inc. Also upon the effective date of the termination of this agreement, licensee shall destroy and/or render useless and unuseable all physical and digital copies of the artwork covered under the agreement in their/its possession.
General Representations & Warranties
- Dantonio Art Center, Inc. and Marietta Dantonio-Fryer both represent and warrant that they are the sole and exclusive owners of the copyrights applied to the artwork in this agreement and they both own all right, title and interest in the same artwork.
- Dantonio Art Center, Inc. and Marietta Dantonio-Fryer represent and warrant that they have the legal authority to grant permission through this licensing agreement to any and all persons or business's the rights herein contained in this agreement.
- Licensee of this agreement is not authorized, does not have the power to nor are they granted permission to assign any rights, duties, or obligations conveyed to them under this agreement. No part of this agreement is permitted to be transferred or convyed to any additional person or entity for any reason.
- If any part or parts of this agreement shall be held unenforceable for any reason, the remainder of the agreement shall remain in full force and effect.
- This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Dantonio Art Center, Inc, Marietta Dantonio-Fryer, the licensors and the below named person(s) or entity, the licensee and supersedes any prior understanding, representation or agreement of any kind preceding the effective date of this agreement. There are no other promises, conditions, understandings, other agreements, regardless if they are oral or written, relating to the subject matter of this agreement.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties have caused this agreement to be executed and become effective and in full force on the date below:
Dantonio Art Center, Inc. and/or Marietta Dantonio-Fryer
121 Pine Drive
Newark, Delaware 19713
Authorized Signature ______________________________________________
Printed Name Of Signer ___________________________________________
Date Of Signing(effective date) _____________________________________
Name Of Person(s) ________________________________________________
Name Of Business Entity ___________________________________________
Authorized Signature(s) ____________________________________________
Title Of Signer ____________________________________________________
Printed Name Of Signer ____________________________________________
Date Of Signing(effective date) _____________________________________